General Carowinds discussion
By Tosu97
Wish I could be there tomorrow! Oh well I'm looking forward to hearing about Harmony Hall. Honestly I've been looking forward to it more than anything this year outside of the coaster construction.
By goldsteh
Harmony Hall is very nice. $14.59 plus tax for a complete meal with drink is the average price. Gold pass holders do get a discount. Lots of food too. For example, turkey leg, beans, mac and cheese and a drink is a sample combo. One negative for now...the AC is not working well. Carowinds IS working on it. Will be a bar opening too. Lots of TV's. Overall very nice.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you footer number 1. (I'm not sure if this was posted yet but I saw two footers on while on Hurler and took a look!)
Attachments
Footer #1 6/27/2014
By Jarsh
I don't think that's a footer for the coaster. More than likely a "footer" left over from the lights that were around the go kart area. Especially since there is grass around it and it's kinda small. It's been there for a while.

If they just got a shipment of rebar this week, they haven't even started digging holes yet.
DT3 wrote:Harmony Hall is due to open today. Is anyone going?

I was in Harmony Hall for a couple minutes today. It's a nice over AC'd dining hall with stone-like tables and loud country music. The dining options include Italian, American, and more! The dining hall could probably seat about 250 people, though when I was there; there were less than 15 people in the building. Rip Cord had mechanical issues this afternoon. I rode the new slides this morning! (the line is definitely slower than it should be and I was in line line for over an hour. (in the morning!) but blue and green (the band is on the tip of my tounge..) was definitely worth it and was a great pay off! There are tons of survey markers in the large grass area in front of the park entrance. (hint hint...)
By Merthecat
Sorry I wasn't there; we left my grandmother's house late and I got to the meeting place at 3:15, and saw no one.

The only thing I got to ride was Dorsal Fin Drop, and would have ridden Surfer's Swell if they hadn't cleared the que lines.

Also, I was at the park last night, and got stuck on NightHawk before the lift hill for about 15 minutes.
By Tosu97
Sounds like Harmony Hall will be a great addition to the park. All year I've been really impressed with the new food options. After a few lackluster years off I really feel Carowinds is a nicer park in 2014 than just last year. Props to Cedar Fair, so grateful to be in the chain and working our way up with the big boys. :thumbup: I do miss Gauntlet though :(
Harmony hall was great, i was the first customer and the food was overpriced but very nice, the live entertainment was even better.
Attachments
By RollerBee
Very impressed with Harmony Hall, however I feel sorry for the food service employees trying assist customers while the show is going on, the music was so loud, my six year had to bribed out of the restroom with a cinnamon rolls. My wfie likes Chickies and Pete's better.
Kinda early for scarowinds talk, but looks like they are putting a new haunt in the Asylum. While in line for nighthawk a guy was painting the walls white in the side door facing the line. By the time I got to the front you could see most of the signs for the asylum had been taken down.