General Carowinds discussion
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Yea I was just looking at where the ride would be and they would have to remove some things if its actually going to go there... I would hope they can at least keep sky flyer.... its awesome... but I guess if it must go, it must go. What was really weird to me is its saying 310-315ft tall, but only 65mph????? hmmm.... maybe its like a 200 ft drop :lol: I guess its possible depending on the angle of the drop and all to only hit 65, but why have something so tall only to go as fast as afterburn... or a little faster :? Very interesting... I hope this holds true I want a wing rider!

I think they meant 95 MPH.

chargercrazy wrote:Hate to break it to you but we lost Stan Mikita's a while back when the Wayne's World theming was removed. RIP Jukebox Diner . . .

I'm aware.
The worlds first Giga Wing coaster! If that is true then I am very happy. But I really hope that we don't loose the sky coaster. Worst case scenario why not relocate it to somewhere on the other side of the park? Or even behind drop tower?

Maybe I need to take a look back In the forums at the survey flags again for clues now that I have a idea what this thing may be.
I think some might be confused by the slideshow image (obviously Gatekeeper used as an example), but the caption reads "suspended from above, with their feet dangling in the air". Last time I checked wing riders weren't suspended…

But then again, the article refers to it as a "giagacoaster", so go figure.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there survey flags or dots under the bridge and around the entrance? know that those dots could also have something to do with a gate redesign but you never know. Or maybe those were just out there to tease us on Carowindsconnection, and the actual construction flags won't go up until closer to construction
redrunner97 wrote:I also am iffy about the accuracy of this article. A lot is misspelled, and most of the "facts" seem like infered, educated guesses by the writer.

But if true, which I have no real reason to suspect it isn't, this is amazing news! :D

When you go before the council asking for money you have to be very specific.
Capler wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:I also am iffy about the accuracy of this article. A lot is misspelled, and most of the "facts" seem like infered, educated guesses by the writer.

But if true, which I have no real reason to suspect it isn't, this is amazing news! :D

When you go before the council asking for money you have to be very specific.

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have called it a "giagacoaster" in their very specific council meeting.
And the source for the article seems to be the council's records, documents, etc, right?
If so, I would think more info would be out, and so much wouldn't still be up in the air.

I'm just waiting for a bit more info before I'm 100% throwing myself into the almost unbelievable idea of Carowinds getting a 315 foot Wing-GigaCoaster.

I don't wanna be "that guy", but...

I'm stoked that this news may in fact be completely accurate, and I hope it really is, but a lot of the so-called facts don't add up, as others have mentioned. Like the fact that it will allegedly have a speed of 65 Miles an Hour, that doesn't sound very factual, considering its 315 feet.

To sum it all up, I'm Excited, and I think/hope it will come to fruition, but we do need more specs, which I doubt are coming any time soon. :)
Yea its definitely interesting information and I thought it was a small footprint as well, unless it extends further than what is pictured. I dont really see a way the article could be fake, unless there is some kind of fake biz journal site :lol: We will just have to keep an eye on the other news stations to report this info as well, because I am sure they will? I am like some of you the information is a bit gargled, but I think it will hold true, even though the descriptions are a little off etc. I guess its just the media and how they interpret things.... I guess by suspended above they mean you are above the track??? Anyways this is good speculation for sure.... They might as well just tell us what its going to be now.... I mean the beans have been almost spilled anyways hahahaha.

I can see the layout turning around over the new entry plaza, if that area is actually where it will go.... I am still just kind of shocked all this information was released so soon, I wish it was because the coaster was coming next year. It just seems so soon to me, but as you guys stated with the situation from the city and county, they can do that I suppose. I guess we will just wait and see...
I see no possible way this will be a winged coaster, the forces on your body would be insane, i would be very dissapointed if it was a winged coaster. Id give it a 1% chance, it just doesn't seem logical consider Carowinds already has 2 invert coasters and 1 steel i think this B&M idea is most likely.