General Carowinds discussion
By Chris
JWitter wrote:Ban smoking in park

I don't smoke but banning smoking would alienate a portion of your customer base and would be a terrible idea. I do think they should move the smoking areas behind buildings, like Hersheypark does.
By RollerBee
Chris wrote:

I don't smoke but banning smoking would alienate a portion of your customer base and would be a terrible idea. I do think they should move the smoking areas behind buildings, like Hersheypark does.

It don’t matter where they put them when people aren’t using them. I smoke on occasion but I second JWitter.
By JWitter
Chris wrote:

I can understand that, however having to carry medicine for my son and I as a result of smoking being allowed in the park is frustrating and often limits our ability to enjoy the park, plus the front gate staff often cause issues when bringing medicine in (Just my experience)

Also technically not allowed to bring stuff on Fury, so that stinks too, lastly having an inhaler in pocket on roller coasters isn't comfortable or fun.

Ok personal rant over, sorry and proceed as normal.
By uscbandfan
Ban all items from all major rides just as Fury does now.

For those who have to carry things that wont fit in secured pockets, offer floating lockers at all major rides to accommodate.
By RRRAPIDS
The only other rides that really needs lockers is Nighthawk, Intimidator, and of course the New for 2019. Although Afterburn is one of the top 4 or 5, they can manage without the lockers.
By Chris
Dive coaster themed to pirates called, Walk The Plank.

This is not my idea. I think Eric and Jarvis collaborated to come up with it and I love the idea.
By redrunner97
I'd rather see RMC Hurler next... WITH. A. LAUNCH. That would differentiate it from the one at KD, give us a thrilling hybrid, and add a third launch to the park. Boom. 8)
By tarheel1231
A low-to-the-ground launched coaster with lots of airtime (in the form of RMC Hurler) seems like it'd be extremely similar to what we're getting next year. As much as I'd like an RMC at some point, I don't see why it has to come at the expense of Hurler.
By redrunner97
tarheel1231 wrote:A low-to-the-ground launched coaster with lots of airtime (in the form of RMC Hurler) seems like it'd be extremely similar to what we're getting next year. As much as I'd like an RMC at some point, I don't see why it has to come at the expense of Hurler.

With all due respect, I feel like you're not looking at the big picture with regards to Hurler. You see it as losing a ride, but I view it as gaining TWO better coasters at the expense of one fairly "meh" woodie.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I can't see Cedar Fair not investing in a modern wooden coaster at Carowinds in the coming years. This is one of their expansion parks and it's missing a grand wooden coaster (and, no, I don't consider Hurler to be in the same class as Thunder Road was).

Then, if RMC got their hands on Hurler, Carowinds could have not only a new, possibly world-class woodie, but a badass hybrid as well. Make it a launch that traverses the track in the opposite direction as it currently runs now and you'd get A) another steel launch (most parks have more than one), and B) a completely different ride experience than Twisted Timers (which some are concerned about).

As far as I'm concerned, it would be a win-win. But there's a reason this is called the wishlist thread. ;)
By tarheel1231
With the return of old areas such as Blue Ridge Junction and County Fair, Carowinds has made it clear that they want to pay homage to the park's history and create immersive/cohesive areas. So I think the next logical step in this process would be the revitalization of Crossroads into Pirate Island.

1. CURSE OF BLACKBEARD: Plants vs. Zombies probably isn't long for this world, so its departure would open up the Action Theater building to house an actual dark ride. I'd be happy to have a Triotech like Iron Reef at the park, hopefully something with more projection mapping like the Ninjago dark rides. The best option for a Triotech would be something like Ghostbusters at Heide Park, though I don't know how much motion vehicles cost in comparison to standard ones.

2. The Flying Dutchman: Move Peanuts Pirates out of Camp Snoopy and place them in Dodg'ems' spot (Dodg'ems' can go in that back corner of County Fair near County Fair Funnelcakes). It would be another callback to a former Carowinds attraction that was built in the original Pirate Island section. It's also fitting since the ride used to be called "Dutchman's Revenge" under Paramount when it was themed to Spongebob.

3. Remove Yo-Yo without replacing it. Just open up a path that leads to the edge of the park, it can be used for future expansion.

Southern Star can get its old name "Frenzoid" back.
By ThatCoasterNerd
This is definitely a possibility! Not sure when exactly they’d do this, though. Maybe 2021?
By RollerBee
tarheel1231 wrote:With the return of old areas such as Blue Ridge Junction and County Fair, Carowinds has made it clear that they want to pay homage to the park's history and create immersive/cohesive areas. So I think the next logical step in this process would be the revitalization of Crossroads into Pirate Island.

PirateIsland.png

1. CURSE OF BLACKBEARD: Plants vs. Zombies probably isn't long for this world, so its departure would open up the Action Theater building to house an actual dark ride. I'd be happy to have a Triotech like Iron Reef at the park, hopefully something with more projection mapping like the Ninjago dark rides. The best option for a Triotech would be something like Ghostbusters at Heide Park, though I don't know how much motion vehicles cost in comparison to standard ones.

2. The Flying Dutchman: Move Peanuts Pirates out of Camp Snoopy and place them in Dodg'ems' spot (Dodg'ems' can go in that back corner of County Fair near County Fair Funnelcakes). It would be another callback to a former Carowinds attraction that was built in the original Pirate Island section. It's also fitting since the ride used to be called "Dutchman's Revenge" under Paramount when it was themed to Spongebob.

3. Remove Yo-Yo without replacing it. Just open up a path that leads to the edge of the park, it can be used for future expansion.

Southern Star can get its old name "Frenzoid" back.

As far as Pirate Island.....
1)Remove Nighthawk
2)Relocate Southern Star to where the Borg Sphere was.
3)Repaint and retheme Windseeker to Crows Nest.
4) Enclosed Goldrusher’s first helix and the bottom half of second lift, make the outside look like a mountain.
5) Build a Log Flume under the second helix of Goldrusher and though the mentioned mountain. The Log Flume would take place on what’s left of Smurf Island and be themed to finding Pirate Gold, Since Goldrusher is in the Boardwalk area, the park could come up with a backstory to explain why a gold mining ride is in the boardwalk area and tie it to the Pirate Island backstory.

Also during Winterfest Windseeker would be Brown so it would look even more like a Christmas Tree. :lol: