General Carowinds discussion
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Yea, I guess they think going from your back to stomach is an inversion and they consider the overbanks inversions as well huh? Interesting... I still only counted 7 with that though
By RiDeWaRrIoR
ah ok I must have forgot one somewhere. Oh well. I agree that the "lie to fly" is 1/2 of an inversion but oh well. For publicity etc, I can see why they did that....
I was helping the production staff dig up facts that set the park apart from other parks. All the coasters and rides they did had to be unique, record-breaking or notable in some way. I mentioned the number of inversions the park had and that it was the second most of any park in the World. They liked that stat, but did notice the discrepancy between RCDB and what the park states. Obviously, they went with the park's figure.

I also submitted that Afterburn had one of the World's only completely underground batwings. I researched it as best as I could. It was kind of tough coming up with distinction for Afterburn. The crew asked if it was just like Montu and I mentioned that it was 'more action-packed' because of its lack of a brake run. Anyway, like others have said the park looked GREAT!
I really hope they come out with a series box set considering in England the travel channel doesn't even air that show and it was one of my favorites before I moved. And for some reason the Travel Channel website won't let me view any of the videos :cry: . I really wish I could see him on the Intimidator.
Yea I saw that but for some reason the videos on the Travel Channel site won't work on my computer. It says it's playing but the screen stays black besides the loading video thing. It never loads, and youtube doesn't have any cideos up there :cry: .
Thanks. I was lucky enough to see the first 2 episodes when I was back home and after that I was in love. My mom has been DVRing them for me, but I won't get a chance to see them up there till next April lol. I will definantly try that. If that doesn't work then I guess I will have to cross my fingers and hope for a series set on DVD.
^^ I wrote the people at the Travel Channel site asking them if there was something else I could do to view them or if they were planning to come out with a Season 1 DVD set. I will let ya'll know if they get back with me. I wish I could find video clips on youtube, but that was pretty useless because that's only teaser trailers and 2 clips of his shows because I was hoping to find when TTD rolled back to show my fiance because it was sooooo hiliarious because he was almost in tears.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
That episode with the TTD rollback was awesome!! If I had a TV tuner on my PC I would broadcast it for you on justin.tv, whenever it comes on again, but I have no TV tuner... If someone has a tv tuner, they can broadcast is through justin.tv, or you can keep an eye on the site to see if anyone would broadcast it, I just dont know when its going to air again.... I think the 18th..
By cwgator
RollerCoasterMommy07 wrote:^^ I wrote the people at the Travel Channel site asking them if there was something else I could do to view them or if they were planning to come out with a Season 1 DVD set. I will let ya'll know if they get back with me. I wish I could find video clips on youtube, but that was pretty useless because that's only teaser trailers and 2 clips of his shows because I was hoping to find when TTD rolled back to show my fiance because it was sooooo hiliarious because he was almost in tears.

I recorded all the shows (except the Utah episode...missed it somehow). I will try and upload what I can to youtube from the discs here shortly. I will start with the Cedar Point episode and send you the link when it's uploaded.
cwgator wrote:
RollerCoasterMommy07 wrote:^^ I wrote the people at the Travel Channel site asking them if there was something else I could do to view them or if they were planning to come out with a Season 1 DVD set. I will let ya'll know if they get back with me. I wish I could find video clips on youtube, but that was pretty useless because that's only teaser trailers and 2 clips of his shows because I was hoping to find when TTD rolled back to show my fiance because it was sooooo hiliarious because he was almost in tears.

I recorded all the shows (except the Utah episode...missed it somehow). I will try and upload what I can to youtube from the discs here shortly. I will start with the Cedar Point episode and send you the link when it's uploaded.

OMG thank you sooo much. I will definantly keep an eye for those links. I would love to watch all the shows. I was only able to see the first and second one after that nothing. I will be forever greatful if you did that lol :D .