General Carowinds discussion
The Travel Channel shoot has been postponed.

But you can still share any interesting or fun facts about Afterburn. They're looking for any tidbits they can share about the ride that help it stand out. I talked with them quite a bit and told them what I liked about it, but I'm sure some of you long time Carowinds fans might know something unique, interesting, or different.
Last edited by The Coaster Critic on June 9th, 2010, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jarsh
The Coaster Critic wrote:
FSUNolez06 wrote:Why is he not riding Intimidator?

I was thinking the same thing. They said that they were going to return to Carowinds later to ride Intimidator.

Yes, they will be at Carowinds riding Intimidator at a later date. Spots for that shoot were open to ACE members only and all available spots for that shoot are full.
By Jarsh
!!!EVERYONE TAKE NOTICE!!!!

That Travel Channel shoots that were scheduled for Thursday AND for Sunday have been postponed until further notice. Bert (the host) has injured his leg and the doctor has told him to stay off of it for a bit.

Again, THE TRAVEL CHANNEL SHOOTS FOR THIS THURSDAY (ON AFTERBURN) AND SUNDAY (ON INTIMIDATOR) HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FUTHER NOTICE.

Don't show up at the park expected to get in on a photo shoot.
By Blue Moon
I was saddened to find out that it was postponed today at work. I was going to be working it Sunday morning. Oh well, time to hope I'll be able to get in on the shoot at the later date.
By PhantomCat
Sorry to hear about the host's accident.
Fear not, my Afterburn friends, we can host the show. We just have to somehow convince The Travel Channel.
By Jarsh
Travel Channel shoot is back on.

They’ll be shooting Intimidator Tuesday June 29th and Afterburn Wednesday Jun 30th.

If riders would like to come both days, they’ll have to remember to wear the same outfit both days. Same deal with kids — as always, they are more than welcome if they’re tall enough to ride but if they are under 18, they must either be accompanied by a parent or come with a release and waiver signed by their parents.

Call time for both days will likely be 7:30AM at the park.

If they think they’d make a fun person for Bert to ride with (it’s their first time on it, they’re a cute spunky kid, a pretty girl, they’re scared of heights, they know and love this coaster, etc...) let us know!

RSVP to Max Cannon (mcannon@aceonline.org) if you can attend and what days. Any questions? Post them here and myself or Max will try to answer them as quickly as possible.

You have to be an ACE member to RSVP to Max.
Last edited by Jarsh on June 15th, 2010, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Chris
Jarsh wrote:Travel Channel shoot is back on.

They’ll be shooting Intimidator Tuesday June 29th and Afterburn Wednesday Jun 30th.

If riders would like to come both days, they’ll have to remember to wear the same outfit both days. Same deal with kids — as always, they are more than welcome if they’re tall enough to ride but if they are under 18, they must either be accompanied by a parent or come with a release and waiver signed by their parents.

Call time for both days will likely be 7:30AM at the park.

If they think they’d make a fun person for Bert to ride with (it’s their first time on it, they’re a cute spunky kid, a pretty girl, they’re scared of heights, they know and love this coaster, etc...) let us know!

RSVP to Max Cannon (mcannon@aceonline.org) if you can attend and what days. Any questions? Post them here and myself or Max will try to answer them as quickly as possible.

You do not have to be ACE members to be a part of the video shoot.

I just emailed. My 14 year old sister would be perfect to ride with Bert. She has not ridden Intimidator. She has ridden all of the other coasters in the park and is looking forward to Intimidator. It would be incredible if there was any chance her first, adrenalin filled ride could be with Bert.
By Jarsh
FSUNolez06 wrote:I just emailed. My 14 year old sister would be perfect to ride with Bert. She has not ridden Intimidator. She has ridden all of the other coasters in the park and is looking forward to Intimidator. It would be incredible if there was any chance her first, adrenalin filled ride could be with Bert.

If she is 14, make sure to read this statement realllllly good! I'd hate for her to be turned away!

"...but if they are under 18, they must either be accompanied by a parent or come with a release and waiver signed by their parents."

Also, I've revised my original post to say that you must be an ACE member to RSVP through Max. I do not know who to contact if you aren't an ACE member and would like to attend.
By Chris
Jarsh wrote:
FSUNolez06 wrote:I just emailed. My 14 year old sister would be perfect to ride with Bert. She has not ridden Intimidator. She has ridden all of the other coasters in the park and is looking forward to Intimidator. It would be incredible if there was any chance her first, adrenalin filled ride could be with Bert.

If she is 14, make sure to read this statement realllllly good! I'd hate for her to be turned away!

"...but if they are under 18, they must either be accompanied by a parent or come with a release and waiver signed by their parents."

Also, I've revised my original post to say that you must be an ACE member to RSVP through Max. I do not know who to contact if you aren't an ACE member and would like to attend.

I plan on getting an ACE membership anyway (CoasterStock and C3). Will me sister and 1 friend need to be an ACE member if they are with me?