General Carowinds discussion
By RiDeWaRrIoR
One thing that they did yesterday was run the trains empty several times, after it broke down and they did their dry runs and opened back up, the girl operating said they were "cleaning house" what is the purpose of this? Do they have to run the trains empty ever so often or something?
By jordN1414
I was on the 5th-6th train ran on opening day and a ride op didn't check the womans restraint behind me and she started screaming for it to stop. So they stopped it made everyone get off, the mechanic came, and ran all 3 trains empty once. The ride op that didn't check the restraint was reassigned I'm assuming to another ride, because after talking to Carowinds manager he left.
By pb3176
about 3pm sunday the seat restraints would not release. i think it was about 4pm when i left that they started testing again. im sure a ride op can confirm this.
By CoasterDad
I brought my crew of ride warriors the first day and was through the gates and into line for Intimidator by 9:20. I was glad when they started ahead of schedule and had my first ride by 10:30. I returned throughout the day and rode a total of 7 times. Having rode three other B & M mega's(Nitro, Goliath, Apollo's Chariot), this one is our favorite. The entire process of load and unload ran very smooth. I was happy to see many familiar faces on the crew and they worked extremely well together. I would say they are faster and more efficient than just about any crew I've encountered. I would say that I only rank Millenium Force ahead of this coaster, for me personally. I just can't believe we have a coaster this great in our park! Thank you CF for coming to the plate and delivering! Now, what next....?
^ Agreed. I can't believe our park got such an amazing coaster. I just rode it yesterday and I'm already ready to make the 3 hour drive again soon it's so great. The unique rides in each seat (all good) surprised me so much, but I shouldn't have doubted B&M. I can't even decide wether I prefer the ejector air of the back or the long floaters of row 4 and the other middle seats, but depending on your mood you can swap back and forth for two surprisingly different experiences.

The crew and overall throughput was great on day 1 and 2 and will probably only get better as the season continues.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Jonathan wrote:I'm pretty sure every time the ride goes down (or any of the coasters), they have to cycle the trains once after it is fixed before they put riders on.

Yea after it was "broken" or whatever happend they tested it like 30+ cycles, it was just weird that they opened back up and then out of now where they just did some empty trains, they did like 3 empty and then 1 loaded and another empty, she said "we are cleaning house" lol whatever that meant. Oh well I am sure whatever it was it was a good reason one way or another I got to ride A LOT yesterday so I was very happy. Got my coaster fix for the weekend and cant wait to go back (maybe friday...) :D
By Cosmo_TAD
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:, they did like 3 empty and then 1 loaded and another empty, she said "we are cleaning house" lol whatever that meant. Oh well I am sure whatever it was it was a good reason one way or another

The house cleaning was due to the massive amount of protien that a guest decided to deposit on an entire car...takes a while to clean it up some times, particulary when there is a massive amount...
By jsreid
pb3176 wrote:about 3pm sunday the seat restraints would not release. i think it was about 4pm when i left that they started testing again. im sure a ride op can confirm this.

yeah, I was on that train. It was stopped for probably an hour after we got off.
By chargercrazy
Jonathan wrote:I'm pretty sure every time the ride goes down (or any of the coasters), they have to cycle the trains once after it is fixed before they put riders on.

I was riding Thunder Road before and they sent empty trains even with lots of people in line. I think after so many cycles they might be required by procedure to send an empty train. On second thought, maybe it was during a shift change and the new crew sent empty trains. Hmm . . .
By JShafer
I rode it about 10 times, and was one of the First Ride Auction winners. All I can say is WOW. I've been across the country on all different kinds of rides, and Intimidator was easily in my top 3 just from the first ride!

I rode in pretty much every car at least once, and I must say the back is actually the best experience. The front is a can't miss, looking down over that first drop is simply amazing, but overall the very back offers a better ride in my thoughts. Not only does it feel faster, but you get whipped around a little more [not in a jerky type of way, just more forceful]. But overall, no matter where you sit, Intimidator will impress, as it is extremely smooth, has loads of airtime, and the way the seats are designed give an overall great experience.

For those of you that have ridden Diamondback, it's a pretty similar experience, but in my opinion Intimidator wins by just a small fraction.
By dailyshow
jasonwilson88 wrote:^ Agreed. I can't believe our park got such an amazing coaster. I just rode it yesterday and I'm already ready to make the 3 hour drive again soon it's so great......

You consider Carowinds to be your home park even though you have to drive 3 hours? Just curious...
By GriffonBoy69
Rode it on media day, Absolutely love the back seat more than any other row in the train. Cant get enough of the airtime, especially that first drop!

Rode it a total of 61 times so far, 48 of them on media day :lol: