General Carowinds discussion
133 rides so far and I still cant get enough of it!
By KDCOASTERFAN
Picklesthedrummer wrote:133 rides so far and I still cant get enough of it!

I only had the chance to ride twice while down there & enjoyed it both times...too bad I never got a front row ride however.
The back row is actually the best seats on the train and not the front. The airtime is insane back there. I rarely wait for the front anymore.
By jeffdavis
My last three visits to the park, 7/25, 7/27, and 8/7, Intimidator was only running 2 trains. Any insight into the parking of the third train? There was a sufficient line, in my mind, to justify running all 3. Is anyone aware of 1 train being broken down? It was sitting in the rack beside the track all 3 visits.

Got my first "front car" ride today, row 2, loved it! I can really tell the differences between the front, middle, and back in the timing of the bursts of speed and airtime. But there's not a bad seat on the train that I've found. I prefer the rows with "wide" seating, but I figure everybody does, except maybe row 1.
jeffdavis wrote:My last three visits to the park, 7/25, 7/27, and 8/7, Intimidator was only running 2 trains. Any insight into the parking of the third train? There was a sufficient line, in my mind, to justify running all 3. Is anyone aware of 1 train being broken down? It was sitting in the rack beside the track all 3 visits.

Well normally just 2 trains are used on the non busy days.I thought they would use 3 on a Sunday but I guess not anymore. My guess is that once the Scarowinds days arrive they will use all 3 trains. Even during the regular park hours before Scarowinds.
By jeffdavis
I thought it would be a nice time to revive this thread that went quiet 9 months ago.

I am still a relative newbie to Intimidator, only having ridden it 14 times in 2011, and none in 2010. I can't wait to get back to the park, hopefully opening weekend, and ride again.

To reply to Pickles' post, my observations during Scarowinds was that Intimidator was running 2-train operation all four times that I was there. I never could figure out why, either, as the lines were always long for that ride, about the same as a Saturday daytime line, which still isn't a bad line for the quality of ride, but long for the usual Carowinds line.

Anyway, looking forward to getting on Intimidator again real soon!
Gotta show intimidator some love. Still a great ride! The first drop is amazing! Maybe being drunk enhanced the ride experience...I dunno...lol