General Carowinds discussion
By Jarsh
According to her Facebook post, the end of March will be it for her. She's moving to Durham to start anew with her new husband!

Congrats and we'll miss you Dani!
By Jarsh
chknwing wrote:in all serious, think dani is jumping from a sinking ship?

Ummm, no. She's upgrading ships it would seem. Besides, what would give you the impression that Carowinds is a "sinking ship"? Multi-million dollar hyper coasters usually don't get put in parks that are on the way out. Just look at Great America. Have you seen the "New for 2009" wooden coaster anywhere? Nope.
By coasterdave
chknwing wrote:in all serious, think Dani is jumping from a sinking ship?

Are you smoking dope again or something.

Best of luck to her and her soon to be Husband.
By PhantomCat
If this is true, she simply made a decision to move on, for whatever her reasons. It's not the end of her life or Carowinds'. This is life in a theme park. Employees come and go so frequently each year that the phantom revolving door broke.

Anyone remember the reality show, Airport?
Someone should do a reality show on theme parks where cameras roll in parks as well as behind the scenes, following workers home to see how they live. They could even visit the employee break area to hear ear-dropping daily stories of experiences with psychotic guest. Now that's the stuff from which movies are made.
Wonder if Dani will miss the craziness?
By RollerBee
Anyone who has been reads her status updates from the past few months should have known that she would be moving on soon. It is kinda what happened when ya get married.
By goldsteh
I will really miss her fun attitude and respect to this board and fans of Carowinds. Wish her the best. Maybe she can schedule a Carowinds Connection Fan Day to ride Indimadator before opening day??? Well at least it is a nice wish.....
By carowindsman6654
PhantomCat wrote:If this is true, she simply made a decision to move on, for whatever her reasons. It's not the end of her life or Carowinds'. This is life in a theme park. Employees come and go so frequently each year that the phantom revolving door broke.

Yes, it's true. She is moving to Durham to live with her new husband. She sent in her resignation letter earlier today and will leave Carowinds for good in three weeks. I wish her the best of luck. She will be missed. :)
By bgwfreak
Best wishes to Dani and her new life. We will miss you Dani!

I'm sure you won't miss all the requests to move the webcam though. :lol:
By Davidtmp
Good news, bad news.....Best of luck Dani on your new life. May you have much happiness. Thanks for being a great part of the board and keeping us updated. You will be missed.
By Wormy
Ditto that.

On the bright side Dani, at least you'll be able to post here as a civilian soon. :D I'm sure we'll do our best to continue to keep you in touch with the park here on the boards. At least, some of us will do our best. :roll:

P.S. I hope your successor will be able to read all of your CoasterStock notes.
By bgwfreak
Are those in the same pile as the one for the "leaked" White Lightning 2 graffics?