General Carowinds discussion
By ThrillSeeker
ThrillSeeker wrote:
Coaster Punk wrote:I just don't think that grey supports would help the ride stand out.

You dont think a towering 200ft or more steel structure makes it stand out enough? If what my informant tells me is true then they can paint it what they want and name it what they want.
By cgreene
Stand out more?
Its already going to be about, if not more than double the size of any other coaster in the park. I think it will stand out even if they painted it to match the sky.
By bigjr872
maybe the supports are only pre-painted maybe they are going to paint them like a Grey checkard flag. Of coarse I dont think that will look good at all. On second thought maybe they will paint the bottom part of the supports checkard flag then the rest gray that might work.
By ThrillSeeker
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:I think it would be cool if they used reflective paint. The whole coaster would be a giant mirror... :shock:

I thought about that myself....something like aluminum paint. Planes would crash left and right :lol: .
Coaster Punk wrote:Yeah but my point is that it would stand out more if it was yellow supports.

Will they open a McDonald's underneath the coaster then? :D Seriously though, yellow supports are being used by KD and KI. I want something different at Carowinds in terms of color instead of the same old thing. With how tall this coaster is going to be, I don't think you have to worry about how much it will stand out due to the color of the coaster. It could be sky blue and still stand out well during the day.
By coastercrazy
I was Just thinking about something. If our hyper is Indeed 240 feet tall, Then wouldn't the second drop be around 200 feet? Diamondback's Second Drop is 195 feet, with a first hill of 230. Not 100% sure, but I don't think there is any other hyper that has two drops of 200 feet. Just a thought
By John43221
Maybe my sketches using the yellow supports got everybody used to the idea!

The supports will come already painted, numbered and ready to go. Not sure why they repainted the Top Gun ones 10 years ago, must have been a last-minute decision.

As far as "track" pieces... Diamondback has 141 of them, this should have a similar number.
Last edited by John43221 on August 14th, 2009, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigjr872
I am just curious, there almost looks like that there is going to be room for a flat ride or two where the log flume used to be as well. whats up with that black C next to the rocket power ride? i wonder what is up with that. If there is a flat ride put in there as well, what do you think it will be?
By coasterbruh
bigjr872 wrote:I am just curious, there almost looks like that there is going to be room for a flat ride or two where the log flume used to be as well. whats up with that black C next to the rocket power ride? i wonder what is up with that. If there is a flat ride put in there as well, what do you think it will be?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
By bigjr872
I hope we get the splash pool too i hope that that is what it is for.

wait a second, in that picture i can see a waterfall like thing on the right. could that be what they are saving the old log flume rocks for?

MOD EDIT: We have an edit feature, please use it. But not to edit out mod warnings... :roll:
Last edited by bigjr872 on August 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By John43221
It's pretty safe to assume now that this ride will not have a splashdown, but it may have a small pond-like landscaped area.

The overall size of the area may look large enough for a flat ride (and probably is) but the entry plazas that Cedar Fair build are big, wide and made up of not only signage and landscaping, but a Photo booth and a retail outlet usually.

They may even build a counter service restaurant with Patio there too.