General Carowinds discussion
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#30728
carowindsman6654 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:no, what we know is that its blueprints under it with the carowinds logo on it...it could be any blueprint...

It could be real...
It could be a map to the holy grail...
It could be me making a new screen name while sitting here in the public library so my ip wont be noticed...
It could be the actual plans...
It could be...ok i'll stop lol.


Yeah, especially seeing how the bottom of the blue print says Carowinds on it. :roll: I highly doubt you would see a public library at Carowinds. :lol:

It would be to easy to find a picture to convey the level of epic failure just exuded. Not once did I say the the pictures were taken at a public library...I said I could be at a public library MAKING A NEW SCREEN NAME to post the pictures...

however you still get a picture...for as long as it stays...

Image
By coasterjunkie79
#30731
Yea, I didnt notice the blueprint at first. Just read the folder tabs. I dont think she lifted it up because she never said anything about it. All she said was in the marketing building in dan;s office. I'm not sure what his position is there and she doesnt know either.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#30734
coasterjunkie79 wrote:Yea, I didnt notice the blueprint at first. Just read the folder tabs. I dont think she lifted it up because she never said anything about it. All she said was in the marketing building in dan;s office. I'm not sure what his position is there and she doesnt know either.

Image
By Diamondback FOF
#30736
coasterjunkie79 wrote:I've got a couple more if need be. I know exactly where they came from, but I dont want to get anyone in trouble.


I would recommend not posting more, but go ahead if you want. Be careful what you say (as others have said) because your friend can be not only fired, but she can be prosecuted by the park.


carowindsman6654 wrote:
RctWeekly wrote:It say's revise 7-23-09 wonder what that means?


Probably the date when the company has to have the logo complete.


The park must revise the logo by 7-23-09. They have people that make concept art for the coaster, and then the park must decide if they like it, and what they want changed. I would look for an announcement within two weeks. Not the 23, 24, 25, etc. I say that because the park has to get the banners printed, get everything finished, etc.
By RctWeekly
#30737
^ True, I would love to see more pictures if you have more or could get more, that would be great!
By ParkPro
#30738
coasterbruh wrote:
coasterjunkie79 wrote:Yea, I didnt notice the blueprint at first. Just read the folder tabs. I dont think she lifted it up because she never said anything about it. All she said was in the marketing building in dan;s office. I'm not sure what his position is there and she doesnt know either.

Image


Ha ha! Agreed bruh! I doubt any announcement will be made at Coaster Stock (since the special gift is being mailed and we can all imagine it has something to do with the new coaster). If the logo is just now being finalized, (and I dont like it by the way...too 80's looking), I don't see an announcement until like August 10 being made. Also, you cant tell the colors on the logo because its in black and white, and it looks like the first draft, behind it, said 4C and the second read BW. So the color was on the first one. We dont know what the color is yet, so it doesnt mean the red track isnt ours.

ALSO- coasterjunkie, I dont know anyone is marketing at Carowinds named Dan...but we arent stupid. I've got a guess... :lol:
By RollerBee
#30740
Don't ya'll know good things come to those who wait, and those who talk out of turn get the axe. By the way, you got the name and the gender wrong...
User avatar
By Coaster Punk
#30743
Who's to say if this is the exact name that will be used! I mean couldn't there be more then one name for the coaster and they just haven't decided witch theme/name to choose yet?
Last edited by Coaster Punk on July 20th, 2009, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Coaster Punk
#30744
Who's to say maybe they have more then just one name for the coaster and White Lighting is just one of many titles they have and are still in the process of choosing.
By b&mcoaster1095
#30747
^ I was thinking along those lines, as well. Maybe they have several different ideas and concepts for the name and theme. This one is now leaked, maybe they have others to choose from, and don't necessarily have to use this one. I think it would be a smart move for the park to have different ideas, in case something like this were to happen... :shock:
User avatar
By carowindsman6654
#30749
Nah, I don't think there is more than one potential name for this. If I recall correctly, names for coasters have to be made a few months in advance of the announcement due to the colors of the coaster and theming that goes along with it. The only way there could be more than one potential name is if the names have the same color/theming.
By Diamondback FOF
#30750
I'm sorry, but I thoroughly (sp?) disagree. Carowinds and CF are getting ready to announce this in a couple weeks. They would not wait until the last minute to finalize all of the concept art? Well, you then say: maybe they just did all of the concept art for the final (let's say) three ideas. I doubt it. That costs extra money. The people they hire to do that are not cheap. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to do many ideas and then do a final one. Cedar fair doesn't have the extra money to spend to have nearly final plans done like that. They will do several ideas at the start, then start narrowing them down. They wouldn't wait this long. I wouldn't be surprised if the final idea was decided upon by the end of May at the latest. That would then give them enough time to do the renderings the way they want the ride's (partial) theme to look like.

Just my two cents worth.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 15

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests