General Carowinds discussion
By carowindsman6654
It's like Cedar Fair naming the coaster White Lightning then telling the coaster manufacturer to paint it white and black. This would have been done a few months ago. But all of the sudden at the last minute Cedar Fair decided to use the name Copperhead instead. How much of a waste of money would that be to have the entire coaster repainted? Think about that for a second. There's only one coaster name for this.
By Coaster Punk
carowindsman6654 wrote:It's like Cedar Fair naming the coaster White Lightning then telling the coaster manufacturer to paint it white and black. This would have been done a few months ago. But all of the sudden at the last minute Cedar Fair decided to use the name Copperhead instead. How much of a waste of money would that be to have the entire coaster repainted? Think about that for a second. There's only one coaster name for this.

and the supposed track is red so what's your point?
By carowindsman6654
Coaster Punk wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:It's like Cedar Fair naming the coaster White Lightning then telling the coaster manufacturer to paint it white and black. This would have been done a few months ago. But all of the sudden at the last minute Cedar Fair decided to use the name Copperhead instead. How much of a waste of money would that be to have the entire coaster repainted? Think about that for a second. There's only one coaster name for this.

and the supposed track is red so what's your point?

It could go with white lightning depending on what color the supports are. Also, who's to say that's our coaster? How do you know we aren't getting a Vekoma or Intamin? Like I said, it would be a huge waste of money to narrow down the name of the coaster to one this late. The name was decided on months ago no doubt.
By carowindsman6654
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:^^ If you think the final rendering was done in May, why is there a sticky note in the picture that says 'Revise by 7-23-09!'...?

The final design of the logo has to be done by then.
By The Jet Coaster
carowindsman6654 wrote:How do you know we aren't getting a Vekoma or Intamin?

Again, there are footer codes that match the B&M footer codes found on Behemoth, Goliath and Vortex.
By carowindsman6654
The Jet Coaster wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:How do you know we aren't getting a Vekoma or Intamin?

Again, there are footer codes that match the B&M footer codes found on Behemoth, Goliath and Vortex.

Good point. Is there more than one B&M plant? Cedar Fair doesn't match their coaster colors with their names much anyways. :lol:

On the picture with the logo, it says 4C and BW. My guess would be 4C means four colors and BW means black and white.
Last edited by carowindsman6654 on July 20th, 2009, 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Diamondback FOF
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:^^ If you think the final rendering was done in May, why is there a sticky note in the picture that says 'Revise by 7-23-09!'...?

No. I said the final idea was decided upon in May. That fives them about three months to do the renderings, designs, etc. CF had ideas that would fit the (presumably) red track, and then they came up with a finalized in May (probably a lot earlier even). Now, the designer people are coming up with the final design for that idea.
By The Jet Coaster
carowindsman6654 wrote:Good point. Is there more than one B&M plant? Cedar Fair doesn't match their coaster colors with their names much anyways. :lol:

One in Europe, one in Ohio as far as I know. The Ohio plant has been the main one for American B&Ms for a long time. I don't think they ever manufacture American B&Ms in Europe anymore.
carowindsman6654 wrote:On the picture with the logo, it says 4C and BW. My guess would be 4C means four colors and BW means black and white.

Probably correct. 4C probably refers to CMYK.
By carowindsman6654
Why do you think somebody is trying to punk us? :? Cedar Fair has got better things to do then try and trick a couple of coaster enthusiasts. Diamondback at Kings Island was leaked. Why can't ours be?
By coasternut30
I have to agree with carowindsman - Cedar Fair has much better things to do with their time than be messing around with us. Also, didnt someone post on here last Fall about overhearing someone at Carowinds mentioning the White Lightning name? Who knows. Quite honestly I dont care what its called as long as its a good ride!

2010 all the way! Can't wait to visit next year!