General Carowinds discussion
By ParkPro
carowindsman6654 wrote:
ParkPro wrote:Good point. Then we may have been had. What if the logo is a fake to throw us off then?

And when was the last time Cedar Fair or Carowinds did that? :roll: They wouldn't go to this much trouble to throw off a couple coaster enthusiasts. Remember that the general public makes up the majority of park attendance. They don't care about what a few of us think.

I disagree with you that they do not care what a few of us think. Have you seen the Coaster Stock itinerary? How many PR people would send surveys about what we want in a coaster event and then ACTUALLY listen!!? How many of the GP will know answers to the Park Jeopardy or care about the Phatom Flyers or a Q&A with the GM? I think I have officially talked myself out of them not having time to play with our minds.
By carowinds4ever
Just my couple cents here, All signs point to rd track so far, I don't think the sign would be white and black with no red. They just repainted nighthawk and the sign matches the colors. Cobra's sign matches the coaster colors. and so on and so forth. I think the name will match the ride colors. Just my opinion.
By carowindsman6654
ParkPro wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:
ParkPro wrote:Good point. Then we may have been had. What if the logo is a fake to throw us off then?

And when was the last time Cedar Fair or Carowinds did that? :roll: They wouldn't go to this much trouble to throw off a couple coaster enthusiasts. Remember that the general public makes up the majority of park attendance. They don't care about what a few of us think.

I disagree with you that they do not care what a few of us think. Have you seen the Coaster Stock itinerary? How many PR people would send surveys about what we want in a coaster event and then ACTUALLY listen!!? How many of the GP will know answers to the Park Jeopardy or care about the Phatom Flyers or a Q&A with the GM? I think I have officially talked myself out of them not having time to play with our minds.

In my opinion, the reason they sent out that survey is because the majority of people who are going to attend coaster stock are coaster enthusiasts. The majority of people who go to the park on any given day aren't though. There aren't even 500 members on this forum. Do you really think Cedar Fair cares about what that many people think out of the thousands of people who go to the park every day? If they really wanted to play with minds of people, they would have released this on their website or in a mass email not post a cell phone pic on this forum. Either that or put up a prop at the park like how they did with Cobra last year with the snake box at the entrance of the park.
By b&mcoaster1095
carowindsman6654 wrote:

I've already told some of my GP friends what the name is, and they've told their GP families, who told more GP people, which then spreads to larger institutions filled with the GP. The Coaster Enthusiasts aren't the ONLY people who know about this, I mean, KD's track sighting was on the local news. And if they didn't care what we think, they would have told all of us...

Seriously, the park cares ALOT about this, no matter how many people know about it. America is awful at spreading rumors. All I know is that I'm sure someone got fired.
By carowindsman6654
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:

I've already told some of my GP friends what the name is, and they've told their GP families, who told more GP people, which then spreads to larger institutions filled with the GP. The Coaster Enthusiasts aren't the ONLY people who know about this, I mean, KD's track sighting was on the local news. And if they didn't care what we think, they would have told all of us...

Seriously, the park cares ALOT about this, no matter how many people know about it. America is awful at spreading rumors. All I know is that I'm sure someone got fired.

If they wanted to spread the word, then why didn't they just post on their website or send out a mass email? Maybe post something on facebook or twitter that gets to more people faster? Yes, it spreads to the GP when posted on coaster/park forums but not as fast as it would if doing it the other ways I mentioned.
By b&mcoaster1095
Call me stupid, I don't care, but I'm beginning to believe this was a publicity stunt by the park. Someone left this out on purpose, this guy took a picture of it with his cell phone, and sent it to CoasterJunkie, who posted it on here. It sure is drawing a little publicity to the Winds.
By carowindsman6654
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:Call me stupid, I don't care, but I'm beginning to believe this was a publicity stunt by the park. Someone left this out on purpose, this guy took a picture of it with his cell phone, and sent it to CoasterJunkie, who posted it on here. It sure is drawing a little publicity to the Winds.

I don't think you're stupid. :lol: Heck, you might be right. I just don't think it's a very smart marketing decision if it is Carowinds behind this.
By bobbysmagic
I don't think that's the theme. When looking at the pictures taken from the skytower, the lot isn't a straight run. Also if you look the footers are not in a line. Also White Lighten' is still at it's new home at (Gold Reef City, South Africa) after it was remove from Carowinds back in 1988. Also isn't White Lighting' just about the same thing as the Carolina Cobra? The only thing that is different between the two is that White Lighting' is a much bigger ride and has one loop. To were a Boomerang uses less space, and as a cobra roll. But again I could be wrong. But just looking at what pictures have been taken already and the fact that Carowinds as the Carolina Cobra, I really don't think it'll be White Lighting'. I'll be going to the park in Aug. 3, I'll try to get some pictures.
By coasterbruh
carowindsman6654 wrote:

My goodness did you even read the post before his...the last time they "toyed" with the coaster community is when during the count down til the announcement of behometh someone changed the time on their pc to get the final day and it showed the actual coaster. Once the park found out about they changed the image to patriot and at one time changed it to hydra. And to answer your question of when the last time cedar fair did that, it was LAST YEAR. Also the plans for diamond back leaked out well before the announcement.

carowindsman6654 wrote:
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:Call me stupid, I don't care, but I'm beginning to believe this was a publicity stunt by the park. Someone left this out on purpose, this guy took a picture of it with his cell phone, and sent it to CoasterJunkie, who posted it on here. It sure is drawing a little publicity to the Winds.

I don't think you're stupid. :lol: Heck, you might be right. I just don't think it's a very smart marketing decision if it is Carowinds behind this.

Excuse me but show me your degree in marketing? Why do movies come out with teaser posters prior to the release, why do some artist leak songs onto the net prior to the album being finish. Its one of the best and free marketing you can possibly do and carowinds know exactly what they are doing. buzz marketing is really effective because people are spreading the word...

ANd you are really starting to become...
By carowindsman6654
When I said the last time Cedar Fair did that, I was referring to posting a cell phone pic of the ride name on a forum. And how do you know that thing with Behemoth was on purpose? Maybe it was mistake. That's probably why they changed it. If it wasn't a mistake, they would have kept it on there. If they wanted to do buzz marketing, why didn't they do it on their website instead to get to more people? Smart marketing is when you can get the information out to the most people for the cheapest price. That would mean putting a teaser on their website or a prop at the entrance to their park like they did with Cobra, not a cell phone pic on a forum. I might be annoying, but you're the one always posting off-topic pics.
By herdintheupstate
bobbysmagic wrote:I don't think that's the theme. When looking at the pictures taken from the skytower, the lot isn't a straight run. Also if you look the footers are not in a line. Also White Lighten' is still at it's new home at (Gold Reef City, South Africa) after it was remove from Carowinds back in 1988. Also isn't White Lighting' just about the same thing as the Carolina Cobra? The only thing that is different between the two is that White Lighting' is a much bigger ride and has one loop. To were a Boomerang uses less space, and as a cobra roll. But again I could be wrong. But just looking at what pictures have been taken already and the fact that Carowinds as the Carolina Cobra, I really don't think it'll be White Lighting'. I'll be going to the park in Aug. 3, I'll try to get some pictures.

I don't believe anyone's said that it's going to be the same coaster and if they did, I can guarantee it was with a little bit of sarcasm. It's common knowledge that it's not going to be the old White Lightnin'.
By coasterbruh
carowindsman6654 wrote:When I said the last time Cedar Fair did that, I was referring to posting a cell phone pic of the ride name on a forum. And how do you know that thing with Behemoth was on purpose? Maybe it was mistake. That's probably why they changed it. If it wasn't a mistake, they would have kept it on there. If they wanted to do buzz marketing, why didn't they do it on their website instead to get to more people? Smart marketing is when you can get the information out to the most people for the cheapest price. That would mean putting a teaser on their website or a prop at the entrance to their park like they did with Cobra, not a cell phone pic on a forum. I might be annoying, but you're the one always posting off-topic pics.

Listen einstien, at first the site was BUILDING THE ACTUAL COASTER behemoth, some coaster geek figured it would be a good idea to change the date and time on his pc and low and behold when it did that the entire coaster was constructed on their website. Cedar fair got wind of that and CHANGED the image to be constructing patriot, then they CHANGED the image to be construction patriot. Cedar fair leaks all the time. There was an image of maverick that was leaked before the official announcement. You will never understand that the people in the coaster comminuty are the most vocal than someone who goes to a website just to see the hours and time. If the coaster community wasnt sooo influenial then why hold coaster events like coaster shock. Why not just give the entire park a sneak peek at scarowinds...no they give the people who they know will spread the word the sneak peek. Even people can atest on here that they found this site more informative and ask questions here before going to the park website...why, because we are considered the "experts" and generally give an unbiased view on lots of things.

But again you are blabbing like you are the director of a marketing firm and you know what works and what doesnt work. And the picture I posted was very on topic because you are becomming (for a while now) very annoying in your know it all attitude...

Jarvis "when is school starting back up again" morant
By ParkPro
Bravo, Jarvis!

The last time I checked, leaking a cell phone picture onto a forum is FREE publicity, and that photo has made it halfway around the world by now. This could just be the beginning of some viral campaign. Keep watching the website and I'm sure we'll see twitter and facebook taking off. I think they know what they are doing or we wouldnt be having this conversation to begin with. Seriously, that picture is being talked about on all the major enthusiast sites...INCLUDING other parks' fan sites. I applaud them. (if it is a leak, of course ;) ) If not, then buzz has been created here first so that we would spread the word and the GP would begin to hear the buzz and really respond once this whole campaign really takes off.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else the Carowinds marketing team will pull out of their sleeves.
By Coaster Punk
coasterbruh wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:When I said the last time Cedar Fair did that, I was referring to posting a cell phone pic of the ride name on a forum. And how do you know that thing with Behemoth was on purpose? Maybe it was mistake. That's probably why they changed it. If it wasn't a mistake, they would have kept it on there. If they wanted to do buzz marketing, why didn't they do it on their website instead to get to more people? Smart marketing is when you can get the information out to the most people for the cheapest price. That would mean putting a teaser on their website or a prop at the entrance to their park like they did with Cobra, not a cell phone pic on a forum. I might be annoying, but you're the one always posting off-topic pics.

Listen einstien, at first the site was BUILDING THE ACTUAL COASTER behemoth, some coaster geek figured it would be a good idea to change the date and time on his pc and low and behold when it did that the entire coaster was constructed on their website. Cedar fair got wind of that and CHANGED the image to be constructing patriot, then they CHANGED the image to be construction patriot. Cedar fair leaks all the time. There was an image of maverick that was leaked before the official announcement. You will never understand that the people in the coaster comminuty are the most vocal than someone who goes to a website just to see the hours and time. If the coaster community wasnt sooo influenial then why hold coaster events like coaster shock. Why not just give the entire park a sneak peek at scarowinds...no they give the people who they know will spread the word the sneak peek. Even people can atest on here that they found this site more informative and ask questions here before going to the park website...why, because we are considered the "experts" and generally give an unbiased view on lots of things.

But again you are blabbing like you are the director of a marketing firm and you know what works and what doesnt work. And the picture I posted was very on topic because you are becomming (for a while now) very annoying in your know it all attitude...

Jarvis "when is school starting back up again" morant

No dude your the one who has the no it all attitude. In just about every post u talk down to people who are new on here.
By b&mcoaster1095
ParkPro wrote:Bravo, Jarvis!

The last time I checked, leaking a cell phone picture onto a forum is FREE publicity, and that photo has made it halfway around the world by now. This could just be the beginning of some viral campaign. Keep watching the website and I'm sure we'll see twitter and facebook taking off. I think they know what they are doing or we wouldnt be having this conversation to begin with. Seriously, that picture is being talked about on all the major enthusiast sites...INCLUDING other parks' fan sites. I applaud them. (if it is a leak, of course ;) ) If not, then buzz has been created here first so that we would spread the word and the GP would begin to hear the buzz and really respond once this whole campaign really takes off.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else the Carowinds marketing team will pull out of their sleeves.

Yup, like I said, I also think this is a stunt. If it wasn't, wouldn't we have seen a press release denying it, or saying otherwise?