General Carowinds discussion
By Wormy
Time to put this dumb thread out of its misery. Happy Halloween!

No, the Christmas haunt.

Makes me want a bowl of Boo Berry. If they still made it.

The Asylun.

I thought you were supposed to fear it.

Yeah, death.

A skull.

Another skull.

A flaming skull.

This mannequin is kinda hot.

Afterburn was the warm-up act?

This shirt was made in a facility or on a line where peanuts were processed.

It's much easier with the soft backing.

Keep telling yourself that.

Guilty.

Someone needs to improve on their paintball defensive skills.

Sometimes, sure.

Um...

By !ntimidator
[quote="Wormy"]Time to put this dumb thread out of its misery. Happy Halloween!

No, the Christmas haunt.

This dude at my school has this shirt he wears it like everyday. It's kinda getting annoying seeing as he's never been to carowinds!
By Wormy
Let's see if the designs have improved this year.

Apparently they haven't.

I don't think these are in the same weight class.

Guh.

Not necessarily in alphabetical order.

Um, is there anything else you'd like to say?

Sigh.

One non-inverting loop element. Get a haircut, you hippie.

Zero.

And still more sexual innuendo from Cedar Fair.
By RollerBee
Anyone notice that Scooby-Doo's Haunted Mansion in on that one shirt?
By RollerBee
Top Gun68 wrote:That last shirt is just gross.

I agree, it could have been better without the cherry and the tagline. Leads me to believe one or two things:
A) They have a teenager designing shirts
B) They have a horny nerd doing it

I am only going to say this once, only once because I ain't proud of it. I want Paramount Management back! I never cared for the movies themes but atleast the shirts weren't all jacked up, Cyclone didn't look like it was painted by one, and knew how to landscape better. Only thing CFEC has going for them with me is YoYo and Cobra.
By Jonathan
How can you make that judgment when you haven't even been to the park since Cedar Fair took over?
By RollerBee
I have too, I was there between the time they brought the park and August 14th, 2006. Besides the pictures say it all. Mr. Stanrock(sp?) was GM when I exited.
By Jonathan
I DON'T think the pictures say it all. Now I'll agree, that shirt is ridiculous, and I find it hard to believe that anyone is buying much of the crap that merchandising has been churning out (but maybe they are), but to use that to launch into a rant on why Cedar Fair sucks is kind of absurd. It's also hilarious to judge them on 2006 since they bought the park DURING that season and implemented basically nothing in that time.
By carowindsman6654
RollerNut wrote:
Top Gun68 wrote:That last shirt is just gross.

I agree, it could have been better without the cherry and the tagline. Leads me to believe one or two things:
A) They have a teenager designing shirts
B) They have a horny nerd doing it

I am only going to say this once, only once because I ain't proud of it. I want Paramount Management back! I never cared for the movies themes but atleast the shirts weren't all jacked up, Cyclone didn't look like it was painted by one, and knew how to landscape better. Only thing CFEC has going for them with me is YoYo and Cobra.

Paramount gave us sucky used rides like Nighthawk. Cedar Fair gave us a brand new B&M hyper. When Cedar Fair first took over, I was very skeptical but lately they seem to be getting it done right in the rides department at least. They do need to work on improving the food quality though.
By RollerBee
Paramount also gave us Afterburn, furthermore it takes more than a year to design and build a coaster....whos to say they weren't just reusing old or improved plans from PP. Behemoth opened in 2008 so planing for it would have started atleast in 2006. Hyper coasters had been rumored since 2001 and most rumor starts with a true seed. Also, Carowinds was supposed to get a NEW flying coaster for the 2002 season, KI was supposed to get one also...old plans dusted off.
By coasterdave
You know I see alot of what ifs and might be or wish I could from you Roller. If you do not like the current management then do not go then. It is plan and simple as that. There are other parks that you can go to.

Back on topic of shirts now.
By CarolinaCoasterFreak
Rollernut, I am amazed you can start a rant against Cedar Fair because of a shirt. Especially with the Intimidator, something CEDAR FAIR built, staring you down whenever you go within 5 miles of Carowinds. Besides, you can say that Paramount designed the coaster (which I doubt), but who actually BUILT it? It sure wasn't Paramount. :roll:

Back to the shirts though, who does design these? When I went to Cedar Point 2 summers ago the shirts they had weren't bad! The parks must have different designers because ours look like crap. Don't care much though. I don't want a Carowinds shirt and with the food being so expensive, I'm almost afraid to look at a price tag for one of these eye-sores...
By Wormy
Don't take this silly thread too seriously. This isn't so much a knock on Cedar Fair or Carowinds; I'm simply holding up a mirror here. These pictures don't say it all, because the park does offer plenty of understated merchandise simply bearing a Carowinds logo. I don't show them here because frankly, they're not that amusing.

Remember, this is all tongue-in-cheek here. I think most of you get that.