General Carowinds discussion
I actually kind hoping that track is not ours...

*hears the boos*

Calm down! The reason being is because I really would like it to be called White Lightnin', and I think the slogan idea, “They say lightning never strikes twice… they were wrong.”, is freaking awesome. However as long as we are getting a hyper I am fine with that. I think it would very original to call it White Lightnin', even though the name has been used before. Think about hyper names, Goliath, Titan, Behemoth etc. I think Diamondback was a good choice because it was a little bit different.
OK, you guys have def done your research.... However may I add that the footprint for this ride is slightly bigger than you have mapped... This ride is taking up hundreds of parking spaces and is going to mindblowing to the small park of carowinds. I saw on one forum that they expected the new ride to go over toll plaza and into the field by the entrance from Carowinds Blvd. That idea is obserd. The offical date for the reveal of the 2010 attraction coming to Carowinds is Aug 6th. I insist you be there or be square. The reason behind the reveal date so late in the season and just prior to Scarowinds I believe is that is when the footers and track is scheduled to arrive. Trust me Carowinds doesnt have the space to hide anything close to this massive. I also believe that we are all in for a surprise regardless of what it will be!!!! Once again Kudos on your research..... And def no more walking the perimeter... You WILL be arrested for trespassing. Not to mention the new temp. fencing in place in the parking lot.

Thanks for your time,
DitchDoctor
I highly doubt you will get arrested for walking along the perimeter of the fence especially if you're walking back to your car from the exit in the parking lot. Same goes with if you're walking along the path to and from season pass processing. If they didn't want people walking and taking pics in these areas, then they should put up signs saying that.
By montumax
DaveVan wrote:Image
I can't say 100% for sure what those are there for.....but here in rural WV farmers use that exact same thing as cattle feeders. The two halves make a circle and feed is put in the center....it keeps all the cattle a even distance from the feed and allows all to eat. Maybe they are a cheap form of metal re-enforcement??
Here are some like that....but there are 100's different kinds

Its for the ACE picnic.
Jonathan wrote:
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:^ I am absolutely 100% positive the announcement comes on July 24th, the date of Coaster Stock...

Why?

Someone important (hint) who I have connections with told me the date. I don't want to call it a 'source' because it will be disregarded as rubbish.
By montumax
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:^ I am absolutely 100% positive the announcement comes on July 24th, the date of Coaster Stock...

Maybe people at CoasterStock will be invited to the announcement?

Sorry, I just can't see them announcing it there. If you're going to make a huge announcement, you want to do it up. You're going to want to have the media there and get the word out. Make it at CS and you'll crack the internet in half and probably crash Twitter. Plus, it'd probably be a media nightmare too. You'd have the media calling the park asking them about it. More stuff you probably wouldn't want to have to deal with. That's why you make it at a media presentation.
I never said it was at Coaster Stock... Just the same day. But, if you don't want to, you don't have to believe me, it doesn't matter to me...

Question for DitchDoctor: Where did you get the info for August 6th?
By Jonathan
I have no knowledge of when the announcement will be myself, so it's all speculation from me. I'm sure Dani is getting a kick out of all of this.

However, there is a simple reason why I find it hard to believe it will be announced at Coaster Stock: It's a Friday. Go look through the press releases on RCDB and find me one major ride that was announced on a Friday. You want the story to run in the news Monday through Friday; a Friday press conference would put it in the Saturday papers, which is the absolute worst day. It's a pretty basic marketing and media concept.
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Why?

Someone important (hint) who I have connections with told me the date. I don't want to call it a 'source' because it will be disregarded as rubbish.

montumax wrote:

Maybe people at CoasterStock will be invited to the announcement?

Sorry, I just can't see them announcing it there. If you're going to make a huge announcement, you want to do it up. You're going to want to have the media there and get the word out. Make it at CS and you'll crack the internet in half and probably crash Twitter. Plus, it'd probably be a media nightmare too. You'd have the media calling the park asking them about it. More stuff you probably wouldn't want to have to deal with. That's why you make it at a media presentation.

I am thinking the same thing. I am thinking the big suprise that people who go to coasterstock will get, will be an invite to the offical annoucement.