General Carowinds discussion
By Jstbcool
Keep in mind the concrete has to set before they can attach the vertical supports to it. As for the footer locations. I would guess they'd be for the station first before they start digging the lift hill. Also, the depth of the footer depends not only on the height of the support, but the quality of the soil. If there is more sand in the soil it can be less stable and need to have deeper supports. That could be why holes appear to be deeper at carowinds compared to other parks.
By Jonathan
A = Apollo's Chariot
B = Raging Bull
C = Nitro
D = Silver Star
E = Goliath
F = Goliath
G = Hollywood Dream
H = Behemoth
I = Diamondback
J = ?????????????

09 = 2009

Thanks, I'll be here all night.
By RollerBee
swampfox43 wrote:
JamminJ wrote:
Speaking of label:

Anyone decipher B&M label codes out there? :?
I guess we can assume the MC stands for "Mega Coaster"? Maybe the J09 is the month and year?

It's all in the barcode I tell ya! It's all in the barcode I tell ya!

Customer: Mega Coaster - Jan 09 or July 09(manufacter or shipping month)
Part # July 22, shipping date; Track section number 107
I am just guessing.
:shock: omg, the label....enough of the amateur code breaking, now we need some authentic cryptographers on the job, and I mean 24/7.

Random: I have a question for those of you who know something about the overall history of B & M hypers: given 1.) the evolution of their hypers over time, 2.) that this is their 10th one, and 3.) the predilections of Cedar Fair, what kind of innovation/update do you think we might we see for this one, if any? I know that what they do works, and it works well, so I'm not talking about any drastic changes, but #10 is kind of a symbolically significant number, right?

Preemptive: and if this was discussed already, I AM SORRY, but as there are now 8,000,000 posts in this 5,000-page thread, I thought I'd just go ahead and ask rather than taking a day off work to read them all again...ok?
lily the walrus wrote::shock: omg, the label....enough of the amateur code breaking, now we need some authentic cryptographers on the job, and I mean 24/7.

Random: I have a question for those of you who know something about the overall history of B & M hypers: given 1.) the evolution of their hypers over time, 2.) that this is their 10th one, and 3.) the predilections of Cedar Fair, what kind of innovation/update do you think we might we see for this one, if any? I know that what they do works, and it works well, so I'm not talking about any drastic changes, but #10 is kind of a symbolically significant number, right?

Preemptive: and if this was discussed already, I AM SORRY, but as there are now 8,000,000 posts in this 5,000-page thread, I thought I'd just go ahead and ask rather than taking a day off work to read them all again...ok?

B&M can't symbolize anything for #10. It's all the parks doing. They ask for what they want. B&M just makes it a reality.
By swampfox43
It would be nice to have another "first" at Carowinds. Carowinds has proudly showcased their share of "firsts" over the years. Maybe a new train design or track element is in order. Quite frankly, I'd be happy with a dark, dark, tunnel with strobe lights. 8)
Swampfox, I agree with the long dark tunnel. For me tunnel's can add a lot and they can't cost much to make if they're just above ground covered sections like on Magnum or Steel Force. How about an homage to Magnum? Okay, it's not practical for a B&M to copy an arrow design, but I wonder if we'll ever see newer steel coasters emulate landmark coasters from the past like the Cyclone clones. I'm rambling.

Lily, I think Carowinds will be happy with 'est' like Tallest in the Carolinas. They could even get tallest in the South pretty easily depending on what you consider the South. Or maybe tallest in the South East. Then they can one-up SFOGA.
By Chris
JamminJ wrote:While I was driving around to get out I saw these pieces getting ready to be painted.

First, great pictures!

Did you happen to check the labels on these to see if they matched the red track?