General Carowinds discussion
DitchDoctor wrote:OK, you guys have def done your research.... However may I add that the footprint for this ride is slightly bigger than you have mapped... This ride is taking up hundreds of parking spaces and is going to mind blowing to the small park of Carowinds. I saw on one forum that they expected the new ride to go over toll plaza and into the field by the entrance from Carowinds Blvd. That idea is absurd. The official date for the reveal of the 2010 attraction coming to Carowinds is Aug 6th. I insist you be there or be square. The reason behind the reveal date so late in the season and just prior to Scarowinds I believe is that is when the footers and track is scheduled to arrive. Trust me Carowinds doesn't have the space to hide anything close to this massive. I also believe that we are all in for a surprise regardless of what it will be!!!! Once again Kudos on your research..... And def no more walking the perimeter... You WILL be arrested for trespassing. Not to mention the new temp. fencing in place in the parking lot.

Thanks for your time,
DitchDoctor

When did Carowinds 73 rejoin this board?

Let see if we can veer this out of control car back on the road now.

A Huge thanks to Jay for taking time out of his holiday to stop by and take pics for you folks and look forward to hearing about his trip from this past weekend.
Do you remember Dani saying that there is a surprise or a present for everyone that goes to coaster stock? I believe the announcement will be at coasterstock or maybe its some kind of hint to what the new ride will be or something. I dont see why they wouldn't announce it at coaster stock? Big deal that its a Friday, it will be in the news for months anyway so its not like people wont know..... Eh, one way or another we will just be sitting and waiting... :?
:lol: No secret gatherings, or was there :shock:

The reason I did not go today was because of 2 reasons. One I was busy, and Two I am waiting for the them to do a little more. I think I should be going on thursday or friday. Not tomorrow cause I have to do some work.
I might try to get to the park this weekend or something. I want to get some pictures, but it seems like you guys pretty much have it covered. I do want to try out my camera on my new EN-V Touch phone though...
coasterbruh wrote:
patrick2pointoh wrote:I think it would very original to call it White Lightnin', even though the name has been used before.

Wow your very kind....

Yes I realize that statement was stupid, but you get my point....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I will just keep being nice and friendly and not talk back.
Last edited by BoociferPatch on July 7th, 2009, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Do you remember Dani saying that there is a surprise or a present for everyone that goes to coaster stock? I believe the announcement will be at coasterstock or maybe its some kind of hint to what the new ride will be or something. I dont see why they wouldn't announce it at coaster stock? Big deal that its a Friday, it will be in the news for months anyway so its not like people wont know..... Eh, one way or another we will just be sitting and waiting... :?

No, but I do remember dani say this...
Dani@Carowinds wrote: I have a BIG BIG BIG surprise for anyone who attends the event. You will be receiving a present in the mail a couple of weeks after the event that you WILL NOT WANT TO PASS UP ON.

Thats what it was, I was just in the coaster stock forum looking for that, but couldnt find it. OK so looks like the announcement may not be that day then.... :x

Thanks!
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Do you remember Dani saying that there is a surprise or a present for everyone that goes to coaster stock? I believe the announcement will be at coasterstock or maybe its some kind of hint to what the new ride will be or something. I dont see why they wouldn't announce it at coaster stock? Big deal that its a Friday, it will be in the news for months anyway so its not like people wont know..... Eh, one way or another we will just be sitting and waiting... :?

No, but I do remember dani say this...
Dani@Carowinds wrote: I have a BIG BIG BIG surprise for anyone who attends the event. You will be receiving a present in the mail a couple of weeks after the event that you WILL NOT WANT TO PASS UP ON.

Thats what it was, I was just in the coaster stock forum looking for that, but couldnt find it. OK so looks like the announcement may not be that day then.... :x

Thanks!

Yeah, which makes me think that an announcement invite will come in the mail sometime after the event.
patrick2pointoh wrote: Wow your very kind....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I will just keep being nice and friendly and not talk back.

Actually...I am very kind but when you constantly say things that we know wont happen it gets kinda silly...I mean why say it would be very original to use something but then say EVEN though it has been done before! Isnt that the opposite of original??? Even you knew your statement was stupid so why is it shocking when someone concurs?

b&mcoaster1095 wrote:Maybe Carowinds has already invited the press to Coaster Stock... :?:

What more has to be said/done to get you to realize it wont happen then!!!!!!!
patrick2pointoh wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:
patrick2pointoh wrote:I think it would very original to call it White Lightnin', even though the name has been used before.

Wow your very kind....

Why do I even come here...

Listen p2p, I am the one who keeps bringing coaster names up, and I for one am glad you (and others) took me up on my question. I just like to hear people's ideas about stuff like this. I think we'd all like to see the coaster get some sort of distinctive name, so it's fun to speculate a bit about it. And let's face it, this whole dirt moving process is painfully slow....we're just using a little diversion to ease our suffering while we wait. By the way, not all of my name ideas went over well either, but you don't see me sulking in the corner do you? I simply sobbed privately, ate a popsicle, watched a few Brady Bunch re-runs, and came back even more determined to be cheerful and enthusiastic. :D
coasterbruh wrote:
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:Maybe Carowinds has already invited the press to Coaster Stock... :?:

What more has to be said/done to get you to realize it wont happen then!!!!!!!

Alright, fine, don't believe me. :shock:
Huh..the post I just sent is gone, hmm oh well retype.

1. Jarvis what I should have said was, I think the marketing campaign would be original/creative. I think using a past name and feeding off that with a marketing campaign is a brilliant idea. I am not shocked that you concurred and I have nothing against you. I apologize.
2. Thanks for the thoughts on the name Lily, although I am not crying in a corner. Not much anyway ;)
3. This is supposed to be fun, so lets get back to the fun. I apologize for kind of overreacting everyone. Again I am sorry Jarvis :oops:
I guess I'll change the subject...

Hope this new coaster breaks the World's top ten steel or even overall. That would definitely bring a larger enthusiast crowd to the park. People will start travelling specifically for that and not visit us as a side park.

Question for the more experienced in coaster announcements: When the hyper is announced, will there be a layout picture and a released POV with it?
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:I guess I'll change the subject...

Hope this new coaster breaks the World's top ten steel or even overall. That would definitely bring a larger enthusiast crowd to the park. People will start travelling specifically for that and not visit us as a side park.

Question for the more experienced in coaster announcements: When the hyper is announced, will there be a layout picture and a released POV with it?

I would assume they would do that, since behemoth and diamondback did that when they were announced.