General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
Initially, Carowinds had plans to theme this coaster after the movie, Godzilla. But the movie had little success, so the park instead themed the coaster after the movie Top Gun and gave it the name Top Gun - The Jet Coaster

Godzilla was a good movie guess not good to them but still Top Gun Suits the ride Better
By Dukeis#1
I've heard this before, and I still I find it hard to believe.

Godzilla is a Sony (Columbia/TriStar) movie. And, unlike Disney or Universal, I seriously doubt that Paramount would go through the trouble of paying for contracts, rights, and things along that sort.

Besides, when you've got I film library as big as Paramount's (Over 4,000 titles), why would you want to get another company's movie?
By LocoDriver
RCDB backs this up on their site.
By CarowindsChris
Yes they were going to until the movie bombed in theaters. I'am glad they went with TG instead. The color would have been the BORG colors.
By carowindsfreak13
I think the colors would look terrible on the top gun. The background is what would define the color. I like top guns new colors: Blue and Gray.
By Trev32
it would actually work with top gun bieng called godzilla,and BORG called top gun,ccause top gun is a jet movie,it would go perfect with the flying coaster.
By ghettopastries
Yeah, but an inverted coaster can perform more similar moves that a jet can, not to mention that you are sitting up right when your flying a jet, unlike a flying coaster.
By Top Gun
Trev32 wrote: it would actually work with top gun bieng called godzilla,and BORG called top gun,ccause top gun is a jet movie,it would go perfect with the flying coaster.

Yes, Stealth would have been better as Top Gun. But its not so bad, think about it, ships flying through space. Godzilla would make a good B&M sitdown though. Or a floorless. Something for Paramount to consider.
By LocoDriver
I don't think TopGun would have worked as well with BA. Think about it. What is TopGun? It's a school for the top fighter pilots in the Navy. I don't know of any naval aircraft that you fly while laying down in the prone position. I think TopGun works much better with a invert or suspended coaster.