General Carowinds discussion
By kewlaidkiddd
Looking at this... not really sure where this is... I haven't been since Sunday so couldn't tell ya.

I do know there was a lot of erosion under the bathroom at Boomerang Bay that they finally plugged in with some large rocks... maybe this construction stuff has to do with that... I'm gonna take a trip down there today after work and check it out.

It does make sense though to put something on the outer side of Thunder Road... as that part of the parking lot is already used...

Here is something else though... how about moving the large picnic shelter at north gate in front of the Skytower over into all that open green land that used to house pylons for the Monorail and sticking something pretty kool there... It'll draw more people to the front of the park as well as give that same "Over the Parking Lot" feel that Top Gun does.

The 3-D thing has got to go... I rarely see people line up for that thing like they used to .

White Water Falls needs to stay though... There is just too much response of the large wave of splashing water for anyone to really think to get rid of it... Maybe get rid of the old entrance though.... Thats just taking up space.
By coasterfreak75
I was at the park Thursday and noticed the new I-beam supports on Thunder Road's lift hill. I can say without a doubt FOF is not coming to Carowinds. I've ridden the ride at PKI and there is not room for it in that space. What confuses me though is, doesn't that new hole in Thunder Road's lift structure lead to a pump house/bathroom in Boomerang Bay or did it just look that way to me?
By RollerBee
I would rather them keep the WWF que entry, it is the old Jalopies station. Save the remaining Ghosts of Carowinds' Past.
By bgwfreak
I think all the ghosts of Carowinds past sunk with the Carolina Queen.
By carowindsman6654
RollerNut wrote: ^Hey there, you may not want to question Montumax...nothing good ever comes of questioning the almighty god Max.

Why, does he own carowinds or something? Still no proof that a hyper is or isn't coming to carowinds.
By coasterdave
Proof is in the Pudding they say around here. Maybe you need to step back and see what is going on.
By montumax
carowindsman6654 wrote: How do you know a hyper isn't coming to the park though. You haven't given me any proof showing that one is or isn't coming to Carowinds.

You must have missed our bi-weekly luncheon the other week where we voted whatshisname the most gullible. Right after the vote, there was a huge lightning storm and I went up into the clouds. A few minutes later, I returned with two stone tablets that said on one side: NO HYPER IN 2007. GET OVER IT. The other one said: NO FOF. ITS NOT COMING! The tablets are on display near PR office.

See, I try to share what little I do to know keep some of these highly ridiculous threads and chatter down. Chill people. Enjoy Life. Don't over analyze everything.
By montumax
carowindsman6654 wrote:
RollerNut wrote: ^Hey there, you may not want to question Montumax...nothing good ever comes of questioning the almighty god Max.

Why, does he own carowinds or something? Still no proof that a hyper is or isn't coming to carowinds.

No, I don't own Carowinds. If I did, we'd had a hyper a long time ago. I don't want to say I have connections to what's going on. But, if I need some info, I can usually find it out. Trust me, I sit on a lot of info that I don't post on here. I'd hate to see some of the threads if it did get out.
By RollerBee
I wish I was half the god that Max is.
By coasterbruh
carowindsman6654 wrote:
montumax wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote: What BS? Like I said before, how do you know a hyper isn't coming to Carowinds next year? Do you have any proof that says one is or isn't coming?

I can tell you right now a hyper isn't coming to the park. Much less FOF.

I wouldn't call it BS...just too much wishful thinking. Can't blame a person for that though.

How do you know a hyper isn't coming to the park though. You haven't given me any proof showing that one is or isn't coming to Carowinds.

Well after talking to an important woman...or man ;) yesterday I was told it is NOT a hyper coaster comming to the park, its a giga...duh (and it was said in the tone of a rich valley high teen girls voice lol :lol: ) Can the park do some mantiance construction and it not be for a coaster? Parks generally know by this time of year and even earlier and stuff does "leak" out if someing large was comming to the park because we all know the parks like to get that buzz out and about but in my heart of hearts I dont think anything major major is comming to the park next year, well of course other than me but you know what im talking about...
By carowindsman6654
montumax wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:

No, I don't own Carowinds. If I did, we'd had a hyper a long time ago. I don't want to say I have connections to what's going on. But, if I need some info, I can usually find it out. Trust me, I sit on a lot of info that I don't post on here. I'd hate to see some of the threads if it did get out.

Thanks. So, if you are able to get info pretty easily can you tell us what is coming next year then?
By Jonathan
If he did that then that would probably be the last information he ever got.
By KenB
The saying that applies here is:

"Those who talk - don't know. Those who know - don't talk."

When the park wants everyone to know what's going on, they'll issue a press release.

KenB
By carowindsman6654
KenB wrote: The saying that applies here is:

"Those who talk - don't know. Those who know - don't talk."

When the park wants everyone to know what's going on, they'll issue a press release.

KenB

You are correct. None of us actually know what is and isn't coming next year. It could be a hyper, it could not be. The fact is that we will all find out when a press release is issued.
By Footballteen58
I know that a TOGO standup ISNT coming to Carowinds next year there we go something we know that "isnt" coming next year.