General Carowinds discussion
By bgwfreak
I have an idea: Since they are using an orange Bobcat, that means that Michael Jordan is building a basketball themed coaster called Air:The Ride.

The first drop will drop under the parking lot and pop up in the middle of the mall across the road, then it will go over Carowinds Blvd and dive through the middle of Cracker Barrell! Hey it could happen.
By Jonathan
Apparently the park did in fact read a post I made on here about a year ago. They are beginning to dig some of the tunnels now. Thunder Road will be removed shortly (and hopefully relocated).

By AMartin777
Jonathan wrote: Apparently the park did in fact read a post I made on here about a year ago. They are beginning to dig some of the tunnels now. Thunder Road will be removed shortly (and hopefully relocated).

OMG!! Jonathan!! You were right all along!!!! Except..... TR is being remodeld into it!
By bgwfreak
I am buying my 2007 pass right now!!!

I guess that tunnel is going to go under Carowinds Blvd. :lol:
By wdwspider
The land will be rethemed to Boomerang Bay: Shore Side and the ride will be The Thunder from Down Under in respect to the Thunder Road and the tunnels going under ground. :lol:

OK, this may only be funny in my mind. :D
By Jonathan
No, that's great actually. In fact, as you probably noticed, the above drawing is out of date, and does not reflect the removal of Frenzoid and the addition of the new pool in Boomerang Bay. The entrance to the coaster will actually be in Boomerang Bay, and the queue will be a giant winding lazy river. Everyone will wait in inner tubes.
By bgwfreak
^ Are speedos required?

I don't want to ride after Jarvis. :lol:
By CheeseCurd626
One thing I now wonder is with FX theatre..They can't keep SPONGE BOB, thats a six flags thing.. Will they go to a Snoopy adventure 3-D :lol: that would be funny!

LOL! Carowinds Zone made it on In The Loop..that was pretty funny.

Also I'm stopping by the park friday. If anyone is gonna be there lemme know.

Edit: Sponge bob sucks big *cough* lol it is the village bicycle of every theme park!
By Jonathan
Cedar Fair has the license to SpongeBob. Not only will you continue to see him at the existing Paramount Parks, you will likely see him at Cedar Fair parks as well.
By bgwfreak
^^ Sponge Bob is not Six Flags, it's a Viacom/Paramount owned show.

Nickelodeon is owned by Paramont/Viacom.
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
Well this maybe some good news.... I wonder what could be going on.. maybe they are taking out White Water Falls and dodgems to build something BIG...

I cant wait to find out what cedar fair has up there sleeves...perhaps this is why they cancelled winterfest and are focusing more on "operating season"
By CheeseCurd626
Dang it, just when I thought Cedar fair had accomplished the impossible task of anyalating the dasterdly screwball of a craptastic sponge away from the park..My hopes are ruined! :lol: Its all washed up, run through, that whole shabang..
By Footballteen58
OMFG ITS THE HYPER!....................................theres your Footballteen58 the most gullible member at Carowinds connection joke of the day....
By charlotteguy02
CheeseCurd626 wrote: LOL! Carowinds Zone made it on In The Loop..that was pretty funny.

Haha, I just listened to it. Just FYI In the Loop guy...it's Thunder Road, not Rolling Thunder you turd!

Anyway, as far as public permits go I couldn't find a thing on the public website. The last permit was for some project called "service for lodge" for about $4 grand...that was June 27 I believe. But who knows, I don't know how often they update the permits site or if all the permits are even on there. Don't worry though, In the Loop is on the case...they e-mailed Carowinds.
By carowindsman6654
Footballteen58 wrote: OMFG ITS THE HYPER!....................................theres your Footballteen58 the most gullible member at Carowinds connection joke of the day....

How do you know it's not going to be a hyper. You never know, it might be it might not be. Your just going to have to wait and see.