General Carowinds discussion
By CheeseCurd626
Yea I know, trust me I use to work at SFGADV, and lemme tell ya crap flew in the air and questions like every second when Ka was being built. It was said in rumor to be 560ft tall etc.

I remember working on Nitro and Batman, being questioned about Viper's removal and El Toro's rising.

Wes, in all seriousness unlike how people see me on TPR, I'm not being a royal pain or even trying to be.

When El toro started popping it had the same markers thats why I made a lil bit of a big deal. Orange flags etc, all over the place. few at first then over night everywhere.

BTW did anyone yesterday see what happened at Vortex..a water main in the que busted LOL!
By coasterbruh
Other than squishing my balls I didnt see anything happen on vortex yesterday...but whats up w/ them closing the fx theater until 3??
By RollerBee
At the entry to the queue, they dug up alot of dirt. It is to give the staff time to check out the other side.
By CheeseCurd626
RollerNut wrote: At the entry to the queue, they dug up alot of dirt. It is to give the staff time to check out the other side.

LOL!, you were there when we saw the yellow caution tape we were like "Wtf is going on over there lets see!" we get there and it was a burst sprinkler line or water pipe. LOL
By montumax
Some of the discussions on this board and a few others are down right hysterical.

So, I'm gonna let y'all stew a few more days....
By Footballteen58
What would be better at Carowinds? A HUSS Giant Frissbee or a HUSS Suspended Top Spin?
By Jonathan
I'd be in favor of the giant frisbee.
By fajimenez
While riding the Skytower late in the day, I saw some construction behind the park -- I can't remember if it was behind Boomerang Bay or FX Theater -- very tired at the time so I can't remember where. Also they had what looked like storage trailers next to it. If you ask me, looked like some repairs to water pipes or something...

If they have to change the names of the rides like Top Gun or Borg:
  • What do they do with the F14 Tomcat?</li>
  • What do they do to redecorate that Borg craft (looks like big globe)?</li>
By RollerBee
montumax wrote: So, I'm gonna let y'all stew a few more days....

Are we done stewing yet, are you holding something back?
By Footballteen58
Jonathan wrote: I'd be in favor of the giant frisbee.

I have no clue where they could fit one in unlike CP Carowinds crams their rides together I dont see where a frissbee could go without screwing up the landsacpe. HUSS Suspended Top Spins dont take up much room so theres the only good thins about them over Frissbees.
By Footballteen58
Im a dude and TRFF at PKD didnt hurt me much last time. There still fun <_<
By bgwfreak
It didn't bother me either, but floorless flat rides are very overated and really don't add anything but pain to the equasion.

I wish Acrophobia wasn't floorless or whatever, those hurt a lot worse than Tomb Raider (for me).
By coasterholic14
Definitely prefer a HUSS Giant Frisbee. We used to have the perfect spot for one, but the Go-Kart track is there now. I always though that they could probably fit one in there, even if they had to make the path to the skyflyer smaller, i think it could have easily gone there...but that's out of the question now, thanks paramount (and carowinds obviously) <_<
By MarkD
Footballteen58 wrote:
Jonathan wrote: I'd be in favor of the giant frisbee.

I have no clue where they could fit one in unlike CP Carowinds crams their rides together I dont see where a frissbee could go without screwing up the landsacpe. HUSS Suspended Top Spins dont take up much room so theres the only good thins about them over Frissbees.

Are you saying Carowinds crams thier rides together and CP does not? Hmm...

Am I the only one that remembers CP stateing, more or less, that the Paladium is going to be no more? Talk about more room to cram rides together. Shew!!

As for what flat we'd get it really wouldn't matter to me as long as it was a kick arse ride and had good capacity. Nothing like waiting in line for 1 hour plus for a 30 second ride.

I think we could put a Giant Frisbee in the grassy area between Borg, Vortex and Goldrusher. The entrance could start at the end of Vortex's drop and go under the Goldrusher. The exit could go along the area between Goldrusher's 2nd lift and the Borg's station emptying out onto the newer path. How's that for cramming in a ride?