General Carowinds discussion
Jarsh wrote:
Anywho... It'll be fun to see how you guys turn your train of thought around and are inclined to try and figure out eight statistics of the ride before it's announced.

something about that seems to be one to me...or maybe im just reading too far into it hoping for more lol
Jay wrote:Arrow loopers also have 4 seats per car. 300 foot version of Steel Phantom anyone?

Or a 300 foot version of Carolina Cyclone? I mean, it's right there, they just have to make it bigger. Of course it's neighbors Hurler and Ricochet also have 4 seats per car, maybe one of them is getting the super-size treatment. :shock:

The 4-seat-per-car fact doesn't really rule all that much out, does it? Well played, Jarsh, well played.
Jarsh wrote:Don't you love how I can give a hint without giving one? ;-)

This thread is gonna give me a bad bowel movement, lol. In all seriousness though... For all we know this thing could have three small hills or one big hill or zero hills. Who knows... I also wonder if the view at the top will be like Lookout Mountain where you can see for ninety+ miles away or if the heat on those eighty five degree+ days will cause a lot of hazy views. I'm hoping it'll be clear enough to be able to see the Charlotte Motor Speedway on a clear day.

Anywho... It'll be fun to see how you guys turn your train of thought around and are inclined to try and figure out eight statistics of the ride before it's announced.

Thanks for those..... heehee
Notice where it says "proposed ride tunnel" in the pictures/drawings along with location of footings: http://www.ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj ... df&dir=CIV and http://www.ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj ... df&dir=CIV :wave:

EDIT: Here is the best picture/drawing showing where the tunnel and new toll plaza will go in relation to the front of the park: http://www.ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj ... df&dir=CIV I am a BAD man. :mrgreen:
Last edited by carowindsman6654 on April 9th, 2014, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ok, so I'm going to play the extreme over-analyzer here. I know there's more in this, but I don't see them haha

Jarsh wrote:Don't you love how I can give a hint without giving one? ;-)

This thread is gonna give me a bad bowel movement, lol. In all seriousness though... For all we know this thing could have three small hills or one big hill or zero hills. Who knows... I also wonder if the view at the top will be like Lookout Mountain where you can see for ninety+ miles away or if the heat on those eighty five degree+ days will cause a lot of hazy views. I'm hoping it'll be clear enough to be able to see the Charlotte Motor Speedway on a clear day.

First off, I think it's important to note that Jarsh has specifically mentioned a bowl movement.This isn't random!! As most are aware, bowl movement can be abbreviated to BM, aka B&M.

Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard

As he is talking about the hills, he uses the numbers 3 1 and 0 in that order.

Height: 310ft.

As the others have pointed out...

Speed: 90+ mph
Drop: 85+ degrees

Then he mentions the figure eight. I don't think this has to do with the entire layout either, because he says "turn your train...around and...inclined." I figure that there will be a figure eight turnaround like Magnum at Cedar Point.

So a stats recap,
Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
Height: 310ft.
Speed: 90+ mph
Drop: 85+ degrees
Features: Figure 8 turnaround

What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree?