General Carowinds discussion
#97883
@tarheel1231:

That is not the location of the proposed SpringHill Suites. It will be on the NC parcel directly East of the toll booth between Best Day Boulevard and I-77. I'll post a screenshot of the site plan when review comments come back from the City LD.

What I am more interested in seeing is Carowind's masterplan of their "entertainment district." I really really want to see Carowinds extend Granite Street to Best Day Boulevard. That would make it wicked easy for me to get to the park instead of sitting on South Tryon traffic. It would also help out immensely with the Scarowinds traffic too with having two ways to get to the park instead of one.

tarheel1231 wrote:So based on the information given in the photo and from previous permits, it looks like the location of the hotel will be around here: 2018-02-12 (1).png I would have drawn a more detailed diagram, but I'm lazy.

We can assume this because:
-The first detailed permit stated that the site straddles the state line, with the entire building being within North Carolina. http://www.carowindsconnection.com/down ... -01-04.png
-There was a permit filed on York County's website named "Carowinds Hotel" http://www.carowindsconnection.com/down ... -12-28.png
-In the official rendering of the hotel, you can see what appears to be the freeway in the top right corner. So it looks like you'll enter in off of Catawba Trace Rd, park in South Carolina and stay in North Carolina.
Last edited by Justin on February 17th, 2018, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#97884
Justin wrote:It would also help out immensely with the Scarowinds traffic too with having two ways to get to the park instead of one.


Wouldn’t that just create a bottleneck?
#97897
Justin wrote:@tarheel1231:

That is not the location of the proposed SpringHill Suites. It will be on the NC parcel directly East of the toll booth between Best Day Boulevard and I-77. I'll post a screenshot of the site plan when review comments come back from the City LD.


They must be renaming Catawba Trace then, because if it's directly east of the toll booth and next to I77, I fail to see how my prediction is wrong. If they aren't renaming Catawba Trace, it must be a new road entirely.
#97937
^^I hope they have hour early entry for hotel guests, because some of these guests are coming from Florida, Ohio, taking these 8 hour long rides to come to Charlotte and have Carowinds as one of the main attractions they visit. I think an 8 hour ride deserves one hour of earl entry which would save them the hassle of waiting an hour and a half for popular rides like Nighthawk, Intimidator, and Fury. Does Afterburn ever have long lines like the other 3 in the top coasters in the park? I've waited maybe 30 minutes for the ride and was down near the sign, but I don't think I've ever seen or been in a line that took up a lot of the "railing" or "coiled" queing at the bottom of the steps.
#97942
It is, We speculate, Add our opinions, Ask questions, Discuss theme park visits and updates, and more! I was purely speculating, Don't understand quite why I am receiving this outcome and I cannot wait to see the next sarcastic or rude post...
#97943
pproteinc wrote:So who’s lying? The news just said “...the new Springhill Hotel will be managed and operated by Carowinds and will be located Detective Mike Doty Memorial Blvd (Carowinds Blvd) next to Cracker Barrel.”

Must’ve been a mixup between the TownePlace going up across the street. I can’t wait to see what this boulevard looks like 10-15 years from now in terms of amenities.
#97945
cadi40 wrote:It is, We speculate, Add our opinions, Ask questions, Discuss theme park visits and updates, and more! I was purely speculating, Don't understand quite why I am receiving this outcome and I cannot wait to see the next sarcastic or rude post...

We need a “Like” button on this site.
Last edited by RollerBee on February 20th, 2018, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 24

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests