General Carowinds discussion
By Wormy

On top of adding to the millions of sucky vertical pics out there, this person had the brilliant idea to send it to easily the worst local broadcast affiliate. If someone has to reformat your Rembrandt to fit a TV screen, you took it wrong. Thanks genius! :thumbdown:
By kirkgun
We just walked-on Fury 6 times in a row. If the rain is coming down with any intensity at all, it turns into a dark ride because you just can't keep your eyes open. We waited for most of the rain to pass before we started riding (tried out the Philly Cheesteak, which was fine). We rode Cobra once. Then we did Fury 6 times. Then we took advantage of the lines to ride Nighthawk for the first time this year, with zero waiting time (rode twice, without getting off the train).

Lunch and 9 quick rides, not too bad for only 2 hours in the park. And we just barely got damp.
Last edited by kirkgun on April 19th, 2015, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I stopped by the park and rode Fury 5 times in 30 minutes before the sky opened up. Man that hurt front row. I was suprised they made me exit and walk back around when there was no one in the que line.

EDIT: The park closed at 4 today. (I guess due to lack of attendance and weather)
Last edited by Bigcoasterguy on April 19th, 2015, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarheel1231 wrote:Dang, I really want to head down to the park today, but it looks like it's gonna rain heavy at 6.

They closed so you wouldn't be able to anyways...
By arby

This is what a walk-on looks like. I was there at 10:00 and they were assigning seats. By my third time in a row they were letting us sit anywhere. I got six rides in within 35 minutes or so. I must have been there at the wrong time because I was entirely soaked even with a rain coat on and a poncho. We did get stuck on the transfer track for about 5-10 minutes while they had to reset the system and one more time at the top of the lift hill for 2-3 minutes.

I must have been there at a bad time because it rained pretty hard for all of my rides and really stung but it was a blast. They should advertise that you get a free facial in the rain. 2 rides in the front row, 3 rides in the back left seat (best seat for sure) and 3 more rides wherever I could jump on the quickest.
I meant to address this earlier but has anyone purchased a ride picture that was extremely darkened. I could barely see my picture and we rode it around 5:30 on season pass preview night, so it wasn't dark. Even if it was, there is still a flash but I don't know what happened.
Middle of the train certainly gives off Intimidator feel(my gf loved it). But the front really popped my cherry. Hopefully the back is as impressive as Intimidators. I love this coaster. The inflection of rain made this ride as intense of a thrill I could ever imagine. Just 3 rows forward make this ride a completely different experience for me in my opinion.
cameronmbrown1 wrote:I meant to address this earlier but has anyone purchased a ride picture that was extremely darkened. I could barely see my picture and we rode it around 5:30 on season pass preview night, so it wasn't dark. Even if it was, there is still a flash but I don't know what happened.

On Season Pass preview night, my photo was dark and blurry. The other one on the following week was bright and clear.