General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
coasterbruh wrote:does anyone know where I can view the kd one...i havent seen it...

I haven't actually seen it either, but earlier in this thread WindsWalker posted this:

Ok, this is about Kings Dominion but bear with me as I think there's a connection.

KDFansite.com's admin Clint Novak recieved his invitation to KD's media day event. In the invitation it teases about their new coaster. Aside from the generic teasers there was one very interesting detail: the invitation was shaped like a race car; a race car with the number 15 on it.

Perhaps our sister's new ride is more closely related to ours than we've thought?
By coasterbruh
ok ok...well I guess the number on it means the number coaster it is...but its interesting its red and black...with a little white

I take that back...kd only has currently 13 coasters and the new one would make 14...

back to the batcave!
Last edited by coasterbruh on August 14th, 2009, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By WindsWaker
Jonathan wrote:Figured you guys would want to see this to stir the pot a bit more. The press invite, similar to the Kings Dominion one:

Well if that doesn't scream NASCAR, I don't know what does. I'm not going to lie, I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Oh well. Cool looking invite, though. :)
By drpeppa93
roxxxtar wrote:If it is themed to Dale Earnhardt, will the seatbelts be installed incorrectly?

was that supposed to be funny? because joking about someone's death isn't the least bit humorous
Jonathan wrote:Not necessarily NASCAR specifically, but certainly racing of some sort.

That is definately nascar. I beleive that number 13 was the number of some famous driver but I might be wrong. :?:

Going off topic, this is my first post on carowinds connection so I apologize for any mistakes that I might have made.
By chunkyskunk
This is veering a bit off the current day's new clue but I wanted to pass this along to see if anyone else has noticed this. I was at the park Thursday and while riding Afterburn I noticed, while going up the lift hill, that the footers for our assumed hammerhead turnaround area seems rather narrow. I noticed this last week also when I was on Afterburn. Being the Google Earth geek that I am, I zoomed in and measured a few turnarounds of various similar styles. I am measuring the widest part of the turnaround.
Nitro (SFGAdv) Apprx 90 feet wide at widest part.
Goliath (SFOG) Apprx 155 feet wide at widest part.
Goliath (SGOT) Apprx 110 feet wide at widest part.
Raging Bull (SFGA) Aprrox 95 feet wide at widest part.
Now looking at the footers near the south gate, they do not appear to be even close to the 90' mark. Also, to give you an idea, the track at the lowest elevation entering and the lowest elevation of the track after exiting the batwing (tunnel section) of Afterburn is around 50' apart. Now these measurements are approximent but fairly close. I have zoomed in on Google Earth before and measured known landmarks and the accuracy is very good. I have not been and walked around the construction fence . It may just be an illusion and once you get down at the fence at those footers, then you can clearly see they are farther apart then they appear on the lift hill. Any thoughts on this from anyone?
By WindsWaker
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:I think 13 is just the 13th coaster for the park.... hence the iz13enuff on the trailer in the park.

It actually says "iz12enuff," but I get your point. I agree.

There is a little confusion here, though. KD's invitation says "15." The obvious conclusion was that it referred to the park's fifteenth coaster. However, that only works for KD if you count Rebel Yell as two coasters. If that is how Cedar Fair is counting at KD, then would they not do that for us? That would make this our 14th coaster, would it not? Or is this a policy difference between the two parks?

Forgive me, I enjoy playing devil's advocate from time-to-time. :mrgreen:
By Double_a
chknwing wrote:the number 13 wont represent a driver because that number is an unlucky number and not used much. Only one nascar race has ever been won by a car with the number 13.

Are you serious? 13 may just be unlucky in racing then.

Any way, as previously stated, the 13 on the invite likely refers to this being the 13th coaster in the park.
KD's 15 may not represent the same thing as our 13 does by the way
By WindsWaker
coasterfanbase wrote:Actually 13 is just considered an unlucky number overall, hence why some buildings and ALL cruise ships don't label the 13th floor as 13 they just skip to the next #.

The fact that Carowinds is throwing the number around all willie nilly is kind of concerning then, isn't it...

:lol: