General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
Oh yeah, one more thing...you left out the 3rd rail since its obviously an intamin coaster...
By John43221
b&mcoaster1095 wrote: If you look closely at the first picture by BK 1870, it seems they are trying to preserve the drain from the former pond. Wonder why...

You know, as many times as I've looked at the various land clearing pictures, I never noticed that there was a drain there already. Having that is going to save them a ton of time and money.

Looking forward to more progress... things are really kicking into gear now!
By AINeuge
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and have been fascinated by all the stuff you guys have managed to uncover! I'm salivating at the thought!

I just wanted to pass this along. I work there, and I can tell you definitively... Employees of Carowinds don't know anything. They will not tell us. We will find out when the general public finds out. The only people that know are those that absolutely have to know. Anyways, it seems you guys know more than any of us. Nice, very nice. :mrgreen:
By Top Gun68
^Yeasterday, I was talking to two girls that were working Vortex(we got stuck on the brake run and they were 'keeping us calm')and they didn't even know that the log flume had been taken out. :lol: But they told me that the only people that know are their supervisors. They told me stuff like it might go 0-70...and you would be able to see it from Charlotte. But I dont know becuase they also said Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia had a 300 ft drop. :lol: You never know...
b&mcoaster1095 wrote:
carowindsman6654 wrote:Yeah, it's not like anybody has those plans saved on their computer or anything. :roll: :mrgreen:

Why wouldn't they? That would be a great idea. I'm sure some people did.

I know. I was being sarcastic. :lol:
chargercrazy wrote:I'm ready for this thing to be built already so I won't have to sift through the garbage posts to find some real information.

Speaking of garbage posts, just look at yours. :roll: It's not giving out any useful information either. It's just you complaining. Oh and what "real" information are you looking for exactly?
carowindsman6654 wrote:
chargercrazy wrote:I'm ready for this thing to be built already so I won't have to sift through the garbage posts to find some real information.

Speaking of garbage posts, just look at yours. :roll: It's not giving out any useful information either. It's just you complaining. Oh and what "real" information are you looking for exactly?

Lol...another post I approve lol. I don't mind reading valid post but post like "did anyone get an update" or "when is the track coming" are kinda, well..."picture worthy"
I was there today and tons of rebar is going into the ground and there these strange woodpiles/boxes ( I could not tell which ) in the parking lot. I also saw two guys cleaning the hill under the bridge so hmm...

It poured so bad it was like walking in a swimming pool all over the place, oh and I rode the hurler in this massive amount of rain...yeah...not so fun...

I also saw Anthony at the Flyers and talked to him but more on that in the Coasterstock topic.

Photos will be up late but I did not get to take a TON as I usually do, as it rained so yeah.